Serving Central Oregon since 1987
By incorporating best practices from a variety of research based curriculums the needs of the families are addressed as issues emerge and practical solutions are tried. The curriculums offered by TFC encompass the following principles:
- Understanding a child's development and temperament is important for successful parenting.
- Parents are their child's first teacher.
- Families are strengthened through education, information, support and resources.
- Positive discipline is based on a desire to teach instead of punish, empowering children through loving interaction and encouragement.
TFC Basic Beliefs
(based on the philosophy of Parents As Teachers)
- Parents are their child’s first and most important teacher.
- Parenting is one of the most challenging and important jobs they will ever do.
- There is no one right way to parent.
- Parents know their child best and what works best for them.
- Parents who attend parenting classes are interested in new ideas
- Birth to three is a critical stage of development.
|Understanding your child's behavior / personality
- Brain Development
- Stages and Phases
- Discipline Strategies
- Importance of Play
- Potty Training
- Sibling Rivalry
|And Much More!
| Follow us on